Infant having discharge through ears, has difficulty in sleeping. Cause?

My DD is will be 8 months old on the 8th. She has recently started messing with her ears. All the time. She seems to feel fine but has trouble sleeping. She don t sleep as heavy and has been extremely difficult to get to sleep the past week. She was impacted about a week ago. Like dried out peanut butter. She has had one good BM since then but it has been about four days ago. She is breastfed with 1 4oz jar of baby food a day right now.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012