Infant having cough. Taking paracetamol for fever. Will the cough subside of its own?

Hi,My 21 month old baby has cough since past 3 days 1st day she was unable trink eat Now she atleast eats even tho she has cough I have been giving her paracetamol once a day (early morning when she gets up to drink water as her body will be very hot) I have not given anything for cough yet(looks like productive cough) Will cough subside on its own should I give sal mucolite? My husband is insisting I give her paracetamol 3 times a day which I feel is not right as she developes temp only in the early morning. Please advice. My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012