Infant having consistent red mark on the ankle, doesn't seem to perish. Worrisome?

My 3 month old doctor has a red line/mark on the front of his ankle. I thought it was a scratch a couple days ago, but it goes not feel like a scratch and does not seem to be going away like a scratch would. Tonight I noticed it looked like it was on the back of his ankle a little bit too. Is this anything to worry about?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. In infants such marks can appear because of a dry skin and the skin folds at the ankle appear injured. I suggest that you apply some bland ointment or oil for a few days and observe. In case the mark persist then it shall be advisable to consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.