Infant having cluster of bumps on buttocks, cries on diaper change. What could it be?

We have a 6.5 week old baby boy and he s had a cluster of 3 or 4 small bumps on his upper left buttock. They are the color of his skin, for example he fusses while getting his diaper changed so his skin is red, well so are the bumps. I do not remember them being there when he was born. I noticed them when he was about 2wks old. At his 1mnth check up the pediatrician did not think they were anything to worry about and to keep an eye on them, but I am still worried. Should I be?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012