Infant having an abscess in the armpit. On antibiotics. Lump formed. Is it a part of healing process?

My 20 month ol daughter had a large abscess in her armpit which was treated with iv antibiotics and then opeded and drained 4 days ago. It closed the very next day and returned to a firm lump. over the weekend it has become smaller, however a firm lump remains. She has been off iv antibiotics since the day of the I&D and is currently on oral antibiotics. Is the firm lump an indication of ramaining infection or a part of the healing process?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013