Infant has yellow seeds in stools, significant irritation in eyes. History of salmonella contraction. Safe eye drop?

Hello. My baby is 5 months old. At 7 weeks, he contracted salmonella , was hospitalized, and treated with antibiotics . He still occasionally shows symptoms in his poop such as mucous/yellow seeds; however, he has significant irritation to his eyes. This is a side effect from the salmonella. He is vigorously rubbing eyes all of the time. The capillaries are red as if they are irritated. Is there a safe eye drop that I can put in his yea to give him relief? Thanks, Concerned mom
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012