Infant has white tissue like things in stools. What could this be?

I am a 27 year old mother of a ten month old baby. otherwise healthy.Lately I ve been seeing white tissue like things in and around my stool upon bowel movements. It looks almost like torn pieces of tissue paper. What could this be? should i be concerned. I ve also had off an on slight cramping in lower abdomen , as well as a bubbling feeling when you put your hand on the skin.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013

thanks for writing to health care magic

how is the baby feeding

is there any blood associated with stool..........does the baby cry after or while passing stool

is the baby active

may be a routine stool examination will confirm the diagnosis

i suggest get a pediatric consultation and get a stool examination done if suggested by the pediatrician after examination

hope the answer helps you

take care