Infant has white patches on back without hair, diagnosed with dry skin, hypo-pigmentation, no improvement with oilatum soap. Advise?

hi doctor , my 4 month daiughter has white patches on her back, it started with one on her outer thigh but now it has spread to her upper back and also started to spread on the front,,,i consulted a dermatologist who said it was dry skin and asked us to disconinue jhonson and jhonson baby soap,,,she suggested oilatum in her bath with derma due soap...i have been trying it for the past 20 days but there is little or no improvement...i also consulted her pediatric who says it is hypopimention and it will go off on its own..also this is my observation that body hair is absent on these patches on her bach..i am confused pls help
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012