Infant has spreading red rash on face, neck and head. Child cries and rubs it. Medication?

My 2 mo old has an acute onset rash that is spreading from one side of her face, neck , and head to the other side. it is extremely red and oozes. It also bothers her as she cries and rubs it a lot. It will appear and then over 1-2 days start to look a little better and then it comes back even worse. It now covers her entire head, and her hair is covered in the ooze. what can it be?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Avoid oil massage on all costs.
Apply a calamine-aloevera lotion thrice daily to the skin.
Give her a mild antiallergic drops thrice daily for seven days.
Bathe her with a acidic soap for 14 days.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.