Infant has sporadic vomiting, gets hiccups after formula. Suspicion of reflux. Reasons?

My one year old has been vomiting on and off for 10 days now. We took him to his pediatrician , and GI specialist. Diagnosis stomac virus. the pediatrician thinks possible reflux . He stopped vomiting for 2 days but today again he vomited twice after having hiccups. I gave him formula 20 mins ago and he started hiccups... Any of this sounds familiar? If its a virus wouldn t he be vomiting all the time, not on and off?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012