Infant has pink rash on chest and neck, constipation. Had suffered with fever, cough, diarrhea in the earlier week. Serious?

My irritable 18 mo old just broke out in a rash across his chest and neck . Exactly one week ago he had a fever and a cough , when the fever faded he had some diarrhea . For a total of sickness of 3 days. A couple days after that, he became extremely irritable, he screams and cries. He had no bowel movements for two days but did pea. He did not have a fever or cough. He didn t want to eat. This morning when we woke up he had passed a large, hard, solid, multicolored stool. He has continued to be irritable and to scream most of the day. We have been giving him tylenol regularly for the past two days and have not noticed a fever. Just now we undressed him for bed and saw the fresh pink rash across his chest and neck. We have a doctors appointment in the morning. Should we be more concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012