Infant has loose stools with pink mucus. Destin does not help. What kind of formula should he be on?

I have a 1 mo old premie who is now on Isomil due to frequent loose stools with pink tinged mucous. stools got better by monday but now baby is very fussy and ijust started again with pink tinged musous in stools....he is also very excoriated because of frequent stooling and destin does not seem to be helping. What kind of formula should he be on....he also gets Iron 2 x daily
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

In Diarrhea important thing is watch for Dehydration Sign. (low urine out put,sunken eyes, Absent tear less, drowsiness, Lethargic, Abdominal distention, Restlessness etc)

Colour of stool is pink and mucus , its indicated bacterial infection and it required antibiotic to recover infection.

I would advice :
Proper hygine.
Exclusively Feeding.
Watch for Dehydration sign
Consult with pediatrician.
Watch for weight , whether it incresed/ decreased/maintain.

Thanks :
"I Wish She/He will Recover Soon "
Regards Dr. Sagar Mhatre