Infant has holes on both lungs, has fever post insertion of chest tubes, has abscess in the back. What could be causing this?

yes my baby boy was born at 36 weeks. he had holes in both lungs and had to be transported to our nearest NICU where he had to be put on vent & 2 chest tubes . he stayed 2 weeks and we came home for 1.5 days and then he had fever . 100.8. so he had to be put back in the hosp. where they found an abscess on his lower back which they drained and cultured. yesterday. now today he has one higher in his back and we are waiting for a surgeon & his dr. to come and evaluate. could you please give me an idea of what is going on here?? extremely concerned parents!!
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012