Infant has hard knot on head, seems to be growing larger, bled on squeezing gently. Is this normal?

my 7 month old has a small (about the size of a pea) hard knot on this head , just above the left temple. I noticed this knot a week or so ago. It did not seem to bother him so I was just going to wait until his next check up and ask our doctor. but last night I felt it and it seemed larger. so as I was trying to look at it I gently squeezed it and blood came out. It immediently felt smaller and less hard. But two minutes later it was back hard. I squeezed again and the same thing. Is this normal, is it just like a little pimple?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012