Infant has green color stool. Has mucous in stool. Any need to worry?

Hello doctor, My son is 5 months old and his stool color is green. he passess stool 4 -5 times a day. Stool test report says pus cells 2-4 hpf , mucous present and Reducing substance - present (quantity not known) . He was on complete breast feed and now doctor has asked to stop breastfeed completely for few days. I want to know is the condition too severe? Can I give him breastfeed at least once or twice??atleast before sleeping otherwise it gets difficult to make him sleep at night. medicines are going on from past 4 days and the color of stool has not changed.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013