Infant has frequent vomiting, fever, profuse sweating, yellow goop in the eye corners. Cause?

For the last 36 hours my 9 month old baby has been vomiting every 3-4 hours. He has had a 100-101 fever that has come and gone (mostly come). I thought he was better this morning - (no fever and he played around for a while) but this afternoon and evening he seems to have gotten worse. The vomiting has stayed the same but his fever is 102 and he has gone clammy and sweaty twice. Every now and then he arches his back and cries. He throws up any food or drink immediately but he has been nursing steadily. He has thrown a lot of it up but I think he is getting enough to not be dehydrated. I have pinched his fingers and the nails turn pink almost at once. He also gets some yellowy goop in the corners of his eyes when he sleeps.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012