Infant has ear infection with pseudonomas bacteria in swab test, recommended Amikacin injections. Suggestions?

My daughter 4 months old has ear infection with pseudomonas bacteria diagnosed in swab test. Doctor has prescribed Augmentin ES (Oral) 4 days ago. she is doing fine now, and ear is also clean, but Doctor is recommending Amikacin Injections 5 days, (one dose daily). As per another doctor, if the kid is doing fine, we should avoid this strong Injection, specially mascular, as they are painful & may cause other problem. What is your recommendation. Please. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012