Infant has diarrhea with black specs in motion, low appetite, mild fever. Has protein intolerance. Emergency?

Hi, my 9 month old baby has had diarrhea for 7 days, with bowel movements between 4 and 6 times a day. Today, I ve noticed a small amount of black specks in his motions. His appetite has also noticeably decreased today. His temp has been slightly elevated, up to 37 degrees Celsius. He is a little more clingy than usual but is generally happy. He was seen by a GP last Tuesday who said that it was probably a virus and not to worry, that he wouldn t send him for any further tests until 7-10 days had passed and he still had diarrhea. My baby also has a cow s milk protein intolerance and I have been avoiding both dairy and soy products (I am breast feeding him) as well as avoiding foods containing dairy or soy for him. Yesterday he ate a small amount of a packaged purée that contained banana, but not enough to justify the amount of black specks see today. I m not sure whether to rush him to hospital, make an urgent GP appt or wait until we return home from holidays in 2 days before I see a GP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Romney Taylor
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012