Infant has cold with runny nose, eyelashes stuck to each other, watery discharge. Is it bacterial?

My 2.5 year old has a cold with runny nose and cough . He woke up this morning with one watery eye. It is not red and the discharge is clear. A few eyelashes on top were stuck to each other when he woke but eyes were not crusted closed. Being a Saturday my only option is urgent care and having viral pink eye twice incorrectly diagnosed there as bacterial I am hesitant to use there services again. However, I obviously want to treat with antibiotics if indicated.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013