Infant has cold, cough, no fever. Blood test shows high leukocyte count. Should antibiotic be stopped?

hi, my 6th month old son was having cold and cough for a week then started with whizzing ,had no fever , dr gave him antiboitic after 3 weeks his cold and all was clear but as the antiboitic stopped he had fever 100.6 for a day and as i started the aniboitic again it stoopped, while he had fever got his cbc done.his leukocyte count is 0000.right now the doctor has asked me to stop the antiboitic and see if he gets fever again,inspite of the leukocyte count high can u please tell me what is the reason
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012