I can understand your worries.
In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold, cough
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Some time wheezing
is due to viral induce.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
Antibiotic- Frequent use of antibiotic is not good for health, Whenever it really needed it will not work(Antibiotic resistance
), In viral/ allergic condition there is no use of antibiotic.
Leukocyte/ WBC- >17000 indicate bacterial infection.
You should get her evaluated once for her complaint to get her examined physically by a pediatrician
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm (Wrapping with cotton cloth )
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Dont give more medicine
7. If she is not recover within 5 to 6 days you can consult again to your doctor.
8. Investigation- CBC and watch for eosinophilic count, WBC/TLC.CRP, X- Ray chest.
9. If necessary you can start antibiotic under pediatric supervision.
I wish your baby recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre