Infant had cough and cough, diagnosed with ear infection, took medicines, still has running nose and cough, prescribed saibetol. Suggestion?

my son is 6 month old and 10 days ago he aquired cold and then cough subsequently.we went to paediatric where he could identify ear infection too.he prescribed Curam for ear , tuspel - px for cold , cetrizine drops a probiotic enterogermina and otrinose.his ear infection is cured but he still has running nose and cough .cough is primarily at night about 4- 5 times.we went yesterday and he prescribed eto- saibetol. syrup instead of tuspel px.i am aware that saibetol is used for chronic asthama.but my son is not suffering from asthama.please suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012