Infant had a bang on head, has a defiant dent in the skull at the spot, did not vomit. Worrisome?

Hello Earlier today my 10 month old son had an accident were a candlestick fell on his head. It was quite heavy. He started screaming immisiatly and a blue bruuise came up almost instantly. There was no vomiting , he was still alert but very miserable until going to bed. Now that he is asleep I ran my finger over the area and I can feel a definat dent in the skull . I m very nervous now and wonder if to take him to hospital or not.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012

Welcome to HCM.

He needs to be checked if---

1. He Throws fits,
2. He Vomits,
3. He has Blood coming through the ear, nose or throat.
4. He is lethargic and not active.
5. You are worried.

It just looks like blood clot in the scalp, but it is wise to consult, as we cant see him physically.

Wishing him best health,