Infant drinks milk only once a day. Recommendations?

My 14 months daughter doesn t want to drink milk during the day or before going to bed, the only time she will dring is in the morning when she is getting up around 5 am. She usually go back to sleep after for an hour. I tried many differents methods but it still not working, worried that she is not getting enough milk.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.She is perfectly OK.
Milk is not an essential food after the age of 1.
It only provides some calcium.
Calcium is provided in abundance by meat,bananas and egg.
Give her these food items if you wish in plenty.
Give her a balanced diet all throughout the day.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.

Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

thanks for writing to health care magic

what is the weight and length of your daughter

not to worry that she is not having enough milk

only requirement is that she should consume the required amount of calorie and protein in a day so what is suggest is not to worry about her milk consumption particularly if her weight and growth are normal for age

ensure that she consumes good diet rich in protein like eggs etc
do not fight with her for not consuming adequate milk

if a particular child is not interested in a particular substance...........stop that particular diet for some time and try restarting it after some time

hope this helps

take care

2 users find this helpful

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
There are many reasons for not drinking milk in a active child like not liking the taste, not getting the milk from the bottle from blocked pores.
Don't worry and you can give solid food with made soft to the child as it is sufficient for her growth.
You can supplement her with calcium syrup.
You can add some sugar to make milk sweet.
Hope I have answered your query.