Infant down with fever, diarrhea, low potassium, vomiting post meals. Normal blood test, stomach virus ruled out. Cause?

Hi, one of my friend s child is in the hospital with 103 fever , diarrhea and low potassium . They cannot seem to find anything wrong with the baby though. They have performed blood tests and everything came back fine. It is not the stomach virus and they are saying that it is not viral or bacterial. She will not eat and cannot hold anything in. This has been going on since Saturday. She is only 1 and her mother is extremely worried. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012