Infant diagnosed with cataract. Undergone operation for both eye. Is cataract internal/external disease?

Hi, My 3-month baby was diagnosed with cataract . She had undergone operation in both the eyes. My corporate health insurance policy covers treatment for all congenital internal diseases of my family. However, my insurers have rejected my claim by classifying her case as congenital external disease . There is conclusive evidence if the cataract was congenital or not in the first place. In fact at the time of birth, the paedatrician informed us that she was healthy. Am not sure if he missed to diagnose the cataract then or cataract developed later on due to some reason. Can someone please advice whether cataract is considered as an internal or external disease? Regards, Gaurav
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013