Infant diagnosed with atopic dermatitis, prescribed steroid cream. Is it safe?

hi doctor,my son is diagnosed as atopic dermatitis ,he is only 6 months ,and we consulted many doctors and used many medicines.We are in saudi arabia ,one doctor said that the reason is climate in saudi ,so we went to India on 23 november,the doctor told it is because of allergy ,or any family history,but we have no family history of this illness ,he has redness & itching all over the body ,sometimes itching is more ,the dermatologist prescribed moisturizing lotion & momete f cream for local application,my actual concern is the baby will have any side effect because of this steroid cream ,in saudi also we used steroid ointments ,i want to know details about this disease ,is it curable? i am very worried about my baby ,please answer me,thank u.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012