Infant diagnosed with ASD. Has pasty stools. On matamucil. Is it IBS?

Hi - my 4.5 year old son (diagnosed with ASD a year ago and not potty trained yet) has pretty much constant pasty poop throughout the day. We often have to change his diaper 6+ times per day. He has been on a pediatric metamucil for about a month because he had constipation . He is a picky eater, so the only fibre I can get in him is whole wheat breads and pureed peaches. I thought he might have Encopresis but now wonder if it s irritible bowel. What is your recommendation regarding how to deal with this pasty, constant poop. Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013