Infant coughing and vomiting. Visit Doctor?

My 1 year old has been throwing up after coughing. He doesn t cough consistently, just time to time. He seems fine albeit waking up during his naps or sleeptime and coughing. A couple days ago I think he swallowed his fever medicine the wrong tube which in turn caused this. Will this just blow over or should I bring him to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Children vomit after a bout of cough particularly if their stomach is full.

What was the wrong medicine he had.

Do you mean that he aspirated the medicine after which he developed the problem?

Your kid needs to be taken immediately to the doctor if you feel he aspirated the medicine.

Please take him to the doctor if the symptoms persist or if he develops rapid breathing, chest retraction or nasal flaring or fever or grunting etc.

Hope this helps.