Infant born with swallowing disorder, causing cough and vomiting. Feeding tube through the nose and a pump. How long will it last?

My grandson, who is 8 months now, was born with a swallowing disorder. His formula also splashed down the trachea, causing coughing and throwing up. After a month or so he was given a feeding tube through the nose and a pump. As he got older he began gagging and throwing up, in addition to him pulling the tube out. Now he has a g-tube. By the way, it was determined early on he is allergic to milk. He now generates a lot of fluid in his throat and nose and coughs and gags a lot. He also throws up still. He is now back in the hospital again because of the gagging and throwing up. At some point it was determined that he would have a continuous slow feed from 7pm to 7am, and 2 bola feeds, one at 11am and another at 3pm. What is this condition called and how long will it last? I hear that children grow out of this issue.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013