Infant banged head. Would it cause any permanent damage?

My son banged his head when he was about 10 months old while learning to sit up he flopped straight back and banged his head on laminate flooring he still has like a lump on the bone on the back of his head he s now 18 months and not speaking much at all. What i wondered is if the bang would of caused any permanent damage or if it could of affected his speech. He didn t attend hospital directly after the bump as he didn t show any symptoms
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

A 10 month old child is able to sit by himself and if your son was learning to sit at that age then he needs to be evaluated for developmental delay which can explain the delayed speech. The banging of the head when he feel down and the lump do not appear to be the reason for the delayed speech.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal