Infant. Frequent bowel movements after fomula feed. History of constipation. Advice

I am concerned about my baby'S digestion system. He is 5 months old and since his birth his bowel movement has not been good, for the first three months he has been passing stools which are green in color and have a very liquid foamy texture. This was during the time that I was breast feeding him exclusively for the first 6 weeks and then a combination of breast milk and formula after that. He has been having the same kind of motion ever since but over the last couple months (from his third month) he has been constipated and has bowel movements only once in three days. Since the last one week, he has been passing stools 3-4 times a day. We have started feeding him with formula (powder mixed in spring water) and we have noticed that immediately after every feed he is passing motion. I need help in understanding as to what is happening with my son and his stomach.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013