Indigestion, bloating, shortness of breath, dizziness, puffy face, hands, brittle nails, hair thinning. Hypothyroidism?

Hi.I m a female teenager. I would like to ask, currently I m constantly and frequently experiencing from indigestion and bloating . I ve experienced this before in the past, after which became better after I reduced my food intake. However, I after realising that I ve started to eat too little, I gradually increase the amount I eat again but now even when I eat portions that a person normally does, I can easily have indigestion. It can be so severe that I feel shortness of breath and dizziness . Recently in school, I measured my body fat percentage and found that it has increased by almost 5% and my metabolism rate and lower than all my friends. Also, over the years I feel that i ve lost muscle mass and my face and hands have become puffier, although many people tell me they don t really see the difference. However, I know my body best and I feel these changes, gradual but definitely there. My physician has mentioned to me about my poor blood circulation and cold feet and hands. Also, I tend to have brittle nails and my hair is thinning noticeably. I ve been trying to exercise to reduce my fat percentage but seems like it isn t working although my weight is within the perfectly healthy range. I wonder if these are signs of hypothyroidism? If not, am I just being too paranoid or what can this suggest?? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012