Index finger injured, swelling after cast removal. Will it go down?

I injured my index finger pip joint . Treated it passively for almost a year and then after a ride on my bike the finger really swell up. Wore a cast for 4 weeks, now took it off and there is still some swelling and the range of movement is pratically the same when it went into the cast. I d like to know when and if the swelling will go down and can i regain my full range of motion?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
The swelling can decrease with regular hot fomentation and physiotherapy. If there is no malunion then complete range of movement can be restored with proper physiotherapy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal