Indentation in upper arm, weakness and severe pain. Any ideas?

HI, I m not quite sure how to do this but I ll give it a try. I have this indentation in my upper left arm , it started forming about a month ago, it started out small and gotten bigger and bigger within days. I went to see the doctor yesterday and they re not sure what it is, they have taken X-Ray s on my shoulder and seen a circular thing in my shoulder and since I m only 18, they re not quite sure if it s normal or not. Have any idea what s going on? My shoulder has had pain on a scale 1-10, at a 7, it feels weak at times, but I can t seem to figure out what the problem is. All I know, is that there s an indent in my shoulder.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013