Indentation in toe. Why does it pain under pressure? What can prevent it?

Hello there On the underside if my big toe where the hard skin is most is a harder ring of skin with an indentation in the middle, it cause pain when too much pressure is applied and is causing my gate to change and now is causing discomfort on the other side of my foot and making it more difficult to walk. What is this ailment? and what can I do to to remedy this and prevent it from reoccurring? Any help is much appreciated and thank you for your time
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012