Indentation in the left shin, applied pressure on another area, recurring there as well. Causes and treatment?

I woke up this morning after sleeping next to my son, my wife noticed an indentation in my left shin. I than read a little about this online. I applied pressure to another area and it indented as well. What condition is this I m really freaking out, I am 32 with 2 kids a 3rd on the way what should I do? I have no health insurance at this time. please help??
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns.

I went through your problem description. I suggest you not to go into self diagnosis or search for something which is unknown in internet, because these may misguide you. And self diagnosis can be dangerous.

Secondly, Indentation on your skin arises out of skin edema and it happens due to several health and skin conditions. Therefore, instead of worrying about what might be the reason behind the indentation. you should releive your pressure by consulting a doctor immediately.

Hope this clears your doubt. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.