Indentation in penis from masturbation trauma (not Peyronies)

Dear Penis Problems Community! I have a peculiar problem and haven t had much luck with doctors on this site and others I have consulted, so I thought I might see if anyone here may have any ideas that may clarify the problem and help find some strategies for treating it. I went through a 2-3 month period where I was placing extra pressure on the right side of my penis when I masturbated. The effect has left a significant indentation in the top part of this side of the penis shaft (i.e. where I have been circumcised). It looks/feels like I ve rubbed away some of the soft tissue (fat tissue?) underneath the skin. The skin itself is not inflamed, dry or scaly, it s underneath the skin where the damage seems to have been done. I ve tried to leave it alone and not touch the area when I masturbate now but there seems to be no change even after a couple of months. Lubrication doesn t help because the friction is between the skin and the tissue, not the hand and the skin. In fact I was using lube at the time the damage was done. The pain feels a bit like the pain you get when you graze your leg, however the graze is under the skin. There s no bruising, but when the penis is erect the area is a little redder/darker in colour and it s clearly distinguished/depressed from the rest of the penis. There are more little veins in this area which are noticeable too. It just feels like some of the padding underneath has been rubbed away. I can actually feel the indentation/groove in the deeper tissue when the penis is flaccid, so I know that it s definitely under the skin and not skin itself (though the skin may have also become a little thinner here too). My erections are normal, I have no bent shape (e.g. peyronies or anything, but it s a very frustrating problem all the same as the problem is not fixing itself and I am afraid of doing more damage, like I m slowly whittling my penis away! I never had a problem with penis damage from masturbating in the past but now my skin seems to be a lot thinner and more sensitive. I m only 32 so I can t see my age as a major factor. I ve had no other notable skin problems in the past either. I have not been sexually active for number of years so I m confident it s not an STD either. I m confident that it s not an infection, as it clearly has been caused by masturbation trauma. I have seen a GP and they didn t seem to think that there was any problem. However you can only see the indentation/damage when the penis is erect and obviously I wasn t all that comfortable getting an erection in front of my GP at the time! I also consulted with several specialists on this site and one confirmed that the issue was loss of fatty tissue (but provided no treatment solution or hope for recovery), and the other thought it was something called atrophoderma of Pasini and Pierini , but I ve looked at pics on the net about this condition and it s not really comparable. When I masturbate now, I m as gentle as I can be, and only take as long as I need. I pretty much stick to once a day, and it s just to provide normal sexual tension relief. I ve tried abstaining for longer periods of a couple of days or so, but it doesn t seem to be doing much. I ve really struggled to find any other cases of this kind of problem on the net/research, so any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have this problem? Has anything helped to assist the healing process? Thanks very much Tony
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011