Increasing size of bump on elbow, surrounding skin pink and irritated. What could it be?

Just 6 days ago I got a bump on my elbow and I thought it was a ingrown hair but as the days past it got bigger, more red, and swollen. Also my skin around it is a little pink and irritated and that too is increasing in size. I m not sure if I got bit by something or if this is just an infected ingrown hair but it hasn t gotten any better.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Thanks for query,
You have inflammation of elbow area may be you develop boil.
If it develops flactuation it may burst or needs incision.
You need antibiotics with anti inflammatory medicines to resolve it.