Increasing, severe scoliosis causing intense discomfort with frequent neck and back pain. Advised fusion. Other options?

I have severe scoliosis (about 100 degree curve) that has aquired over the past seven year or so. I had a mild one at the age of 3 when I obtained an SCI, but by the age of six and wearing a brace it went away. Like I mentioned it came back about seven years ago and has slowly increased in severity. I am currently seeing a doctor, but he says the only thing he can do is a fusion and I really DON T want that. It is getting to the point where no matter how i position myself I can t get comfortable and I usually wake up in the morning with my neck and sometimes my back hurting. I m thankful I don t have any lung or heart problems yet. Any suggestions on what I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012