Increasing power in eyes. History of astigmatism. Reason for sudden change in power?

sir, 6 months back,my left eye had a power of -0.5 while right eye was i gt an eye checkup done.i was shocked to see that te power of l.eye is nw -1.25 and tat f right eye is -1. i am a medical student and spends a lot f time reading and infront f laptop dng projects etc.... 3 years bak one dr had told tat i hav slight astigmatism[bt i ignored it coz my family dr ruled out astigmatism n told slight astigmatism is normal]... wat might b te reason for the sudden change in power
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012