Increasing blood pressure. How should Atenolol and Amlodipine be taken?

my mother 78 , suffering from bronchaities , asthama, high blood pressure ,and problem of imbalance of vitamin D , she is on several drugs including vit D3 supplement , calcium with vit K , amlodopine and eltroxin , etc. Recently it is seen that her blood pressure is showing a upward trend and two months before she underwent a condition doc described as TIA, her bp drug changed to amlodopine and atenelol , recently her bp is again showing a higher trend and doctor says she needs a med in the evening also . one is of the opinion that another 50 mg atenelol in the evening should be included where as another is of the opinion that instead atenelol of the morning dose should be withdrawn and instead a lowpresur xl 50 to be included in the evening alongwith amlodopine 5mg in the morning
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012