Increasing belly size, alternating episodes of diarrhea and constipation. What could the cause be?

I am really worried that I might have a colon polyp , but doctors do not recommend the colonoscopy because I am just 27, especially my mum had it. They said IBS , I had a blood test today so I am waiting for results till friday which is in a 4 days, I know the colonoscopy is very unpleasent test but I want to get it done. I honestly dont feel happy like this every other day in average my belly is size of 6 months pregnant woman, cant even wear my clothes, sometimes is very paintfull, even if I did not eat, so I dont think it is from food, half of week I have bad diaorhea, and the rest of the week I can not go to toilet cause of constipation, I am not sure if it can be genetic , what would you suggest, thank you very much
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013