Increased pulse rate, dizziness, felt like an adrenaline rush. Panic attack?

Im woken up in the middle of the night with my heart beating out of my cheat so bad i jump up and usually run for help and by that stage it usually has passed. I feel really shaky and like im on the verge of passing out. People have said it is a panic attack, i sont think it is because i know what that feels like. Its more of a rush like what inwould imagine an adrenaline shot to Feel like
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Hi Harris,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You might be having panic attacks but it is also possible that you are having intermittent cardiac arrhythmias of fast heart rate like atrial flutter, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias or some such sort of problem.
Still another rare chance is to have Pheochromocytoma which produces abnormal amounts of hormones and cause arrhythmias and BP changes.
I would like you to get examined by a physician, get a holter test to detect the episodes of arrhythmia along with other battery of tests.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!