Increased incidence of enlarged palmar veins. Why are feet swelling?

I am having increased incidence of enlarged palmar veins in both hands. It at first only originated in my left hand (starting probably 1 month ago) but now my palmar veins in both hands are for the most part always enlarged. They are very agitating and at times, tender to touch. They occasionally cause numbness/ tingling in my fingertips. My capillary refill is greater than 2 seconds. Also, the veins on the plantar surface of my feet have started to swell as well lately which causes some pain/mild discomfort when I walk. I have done loads of research on these symptoms but have not been able to find a probable etiology for such occurrences.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012