Increased heart rate while resting. creates pressure on chest, hard to sleep. Any recommended tests?

Hi Dr. XXXXXXX, dont know if it is bad but my heart rate will beat fast when im resting and mainly in the nights when im laying in bed. I told my Doctor about it and she said my heart rate was fine so she was sure I was ok. I told her I feel like that more when I m laying in bed about to sleep. Sometimes It takes me couple of hours to go to bed cause of my heart making me feel weird some pressure on my chest and I need to get up and take deep breaths to help my heart beat slower. Is there any test I should take?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012