Increased heart beat rate, elevated blood pressure, shortness of breath, EKG normal. Suggestions?

For the past couple weeks i have noticed that when i am trying to fall asleep i am just about to fall into sleep and i get a feeling as if my heart stops or skips and beat and it immediately wakes me. I was only getting these feelings during the beginning of falling asleep, however sunday night i woke up about 1 am very short of breath and my heart beating extremely fast. It was almost like a panic attack. i got out of bed and walked down the hall and got my heart rate to slow down but it still scared me grealy. I slept propped up the rest of the night and slept fine. Last night i also slept propped up and just had a couple occurances when trying to fall asleep. I am very worried. I went to the ER yesterday because i felt my heart was racing. My heart rate and blood pressure were elevated when i got there but normal when i left after a few hours. They performed blood work and and EKG adn everything came back normal but recommended I see my family physician and a cardiologist . I have an appointment with on next monday morning. This is very scary and I am very worried. I have had some discomfort in my chest and back which i have had for years and when i visited a doctor about she said it was acid reflux and back pain because it can be felt through the chest alot of times.....i just want answers a little sooner than next monday...thank you. I am 25 years old, female, do not smoke and rarely drink. I think i may be slightly over weight ...i am 5 ft 2 inches and weigh 170 lbs.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012