Increased heart beat, anxious, head feeling swooshy. Had high BP weeks back. Recommendations?

Just felt very dizzy and stopped me in my tracks. Heart racing, that was an hour ago and my head still feels swooshy and a little anxious. Feels like a valve is stuck....Tends to be a bit better when I walk around ? I have a slight regurge from echo 2 years ago. Had very rapid heart rate about 3 weeks ago and went to clinic that did some quick diagnostic - ekg fine, blood fine, blood pressure was high but I was scared I was having a heart attack. I see a cardiologist this Monday for routine. Any thoughts
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Hello, thank you for the query and welcome to HCM community.

There are many causes of palpitation (heart racing) . It may be cardiac, psychiatric or other miscellaneous causes. But, a feeling of dizziness along with palpitation usually indicate haemodynamic instability resulting from cardiac arrthmia.As you mentioned you have history of regurgitation in your echo, so valvular disease like mitral or aortic insufficiency can be the reason. valvular heart disease can cause arrthmia like SVT, AFib, short runs of non sustained VT which may. be manifestated as palpitation and dizziness. So, consult with a cardiologist for complete evaluation. Hope, this helps.