Increase in the refractor error recently in a year

Increase in the refractor error recently in a year. Please help???
I am a software engineer. I am having refractive error and I am using glasses for the same. Recently I had undergone checkup for the error at an optometrist and the readings are RE -5.5 SPH and -1.5 CY 10 degree Axis and 615 VA; LE -4.5 SPH and -1.5 CYL axis 150 degree and 615 VA. The readings have increased by 1.5 since last year. I was advised a change of glasses. I had changed my glasses a week later. But when ever I have used the new pair of glasses I get bad headaches. And I am comfortable with my old glasses. Can some one please suggest me what may be the reason for this??
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010