Increase in body temperature, sweating, taking Concerta. What is the cause?

Hi. I m an adult who recently began a course of generic Concerta . I didn t take it over the weekend, but took it today and yesterday. I ve noticed an increase in my body temperature, and I feel feverish. Normally, my body temp hangs around 97.4. Yesterday, when I was feverishly warm and damp (sweating through my clinical strength deodorant, even after a cool bath), I took my temp, across the rest of the day/evening, it fell between 99.6 to finally 98.9 at bedtime (I d taken the tab at 6am). I m feeling similarly today. I took it at 6a still (1/2 of a 54mg tab), and my temp is 98.7 (which is normal for most people, I know, but again, for many many years now, mine has stayed at 97.4 unless I was ill). I ve just looked at the list of symptoms of side effects of concern (i.e., to contact one s doctor if seen), and a dangerous increase in body temperature; fever is listed there. Can you provide any information on why this medication might increase body temp, and, in my case, at what temp I ought become concerned? (Since being aware of my normally low body temp, for about the past 5 yrs+, I ve paid equal if not more attention to the change in body temp as an indicator of illness in me, rather than to the absolute #...given that my body/ thyroid presumably had to work quite a bit to get me into the 99+ temp range, in comparison to someone who d only come up 0.4 degrees from 98.6 to 99...). Please advise, and any information/advice will be appreciated. Thanks, LMC
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012