Increase in blood sugar, taking Atorsave, trivolib, get perspiration at midnight, eases with sweets. What could be the cause?

My father aged 80 yrs is having diabetis and also undergone Agioplasty 2 times (PTCA done). Last week he felt down to sugar level being high (399). After consulting a physician, he was tested with 3 test a) Random sugar which was shown as 399. b) Average sugar for 10.7 and c) ECG- Noramal and d) BP- 70/110 (normal). He was suggested with medicine- Atorsave 40MG and Trivolib 2mg(morning); Imdur 60mg and Trivolib 2mg (night) and Tayo 60k(weekly once). Since 3 days regualrly around 4 am (night) my father is getting perspiration for 5 mins and after eating sweets (biscuits etc) feeling somewhat relax. I m not sure what is happening--can u please suggest the above tablets are good or we can reduce the dosage as my father is not eating a normal diet as they are not feeling hungry and have some restlessness in them. Your guidance will be helpfull. Thanks! Pradip
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012